Tuesday, February 22 - Good Morning Cmc
Like on Facebook
The Claremont Sports Connection presents a FREE Fifa 2011 Torunament for XBox 360, with Cash Prizes. Winners get $100. Space is limited and filling up fast. To enter, sign up on Facebook
or email us.
Sign up today!
Yearbook advertisement sales are available through the CMC Forum
. The last day to reserve space is this Saturday, February 26.
Events on campus
- Be sure to check out What's For Snack, the new SMS app that will text you the snack menu ten minutes before Snack starts
- Plan a fun Spring Break trip outdoors with On the Loose, the 5C outdoor club, OTL Gear Room (Walker Lounge), 8pm for a workshop on Leave No Trace, and meeting at 9:15pm
- "Don't put your fellowship future in Jeopardy: The Inside Story on Fellowships," presented by Paula Goldsmid, Smith Campus Center 212, 4:30
- Blood Drive, 9am-8pm, all participants will receive 2 tickets to the Grammys and 2 LA Galaxy tickets. Schedule an appointment here
- "Making it in Medical School and Beyond - Life as a Medical Professional," 7pm, Smith Campus Center 212
- Book signing with faculty authors Rita Roberts, Gail Thompson, and Abdourahman Waberi, 4:15pm, Huntley Bookstore
- "So Tell Me About Your Liberal Arts Degree," noon, Frank Dining Hall
- CFA (license test for financial analysts) workshop, 4pm, Pickford Auditorium (CMC)
- Nuts and Bolts of Completing Senior Thesis Workshop, Tranquada Student Services, 10:30AM
- Screening of "A Small Act," a documentary by Jennifer Arnold, followed by Q&A with the director, 5:30pm, Garrison Theater (Scripps)
- Roberto Pedace, Scripps, "Minimum Wage Policy and Unemployment Duration," noon, Hampton Room (above Malott), Scripps
- Salvador Plascencia, author of The People of Paper, reading selections from his novel, 4:15pm, Thompson Reading Room (Pomona)
- Edward Haley, CMC, "Revolution on the Nile," noon, Oldenborg Dining Hall (Pomona)
- Ryan Skophammer, UC Berkeley, "Reconstructing Lifestyle Transitions in the Evolution of Host-Associated Bacteria," 11am, Seaver Commons (Pomona)
- Rebecca Brown, Johns Hopkins, "Active Visual Politics: Anti-Colonialism, India, and Gandhi's Spinning Wheel
- Concord Group, Full-Time Consultant
- Movoto - Internships in Product Management, Software Engineering and Business Analysis
- PricewaterhouseCoopers - Sophomore Leadership Adventure
Dinner: Zalmay Khalilzad, US Representative to the United Nations from '07 to '09, as well as the former US Ambassador to Afghanistan, and the former special presidential envoy to Afghanistan. He is probably the most notable speaker to visit campus this semester. He'll be speaking about "US Foreign Policy: The Future of Afghanistan and Its Neighbors."
Ath opens at 5:30; dinner is at 6, and the program begins at 6:45.
Place reservations here, or check out the full list of speakers for the spring 2011 semester.
The world today
ASCMC Senate Approves Three Amendments, Rejects One
Frary, Frank Boycott Disrupts Family Weekend
The Facebook Breakup Notifier
Money Won't Buy You Health Insurance
The 12 hottest stories around the world right now
News from around the Claremonts (requires RSS)
Partly Cloudy, high 62, low 38 with a 10% chance that you just want to "major in everything"
check out the 5-day forecast
Hub Grill: 11AM - 3PM, 7PM - 10:30PM
The Coop (Pomona): 9AM - Midnight
Jay's Place (Mudd Hole): 7PM - 1AM
The Grove House (Pitzer): 9AM - 4PM, 7PM - 11PM
Motley (Scripps): 8AM - Midnight
Dining Hall Hours
Dining Hall Menus
Hoch-Shanahan (Harvey Mudd)
Pitzer (menu unavailable)
Fresh Vegetable Platters with Ranch
Sign up to receive the Snack menu on your phone, ten minutes before Snack
Men's Tennis defeated Concordia 8-1
Baseball vs. Caltech, postponed
Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving continue to hold 1st place at SCIAC Championships
Final league games for men's and women's basketball. Playoffs this weekend:
Women's Basketball at Pomona-Pitzer, 5:30pm
Men's Basketball at Pomona-Pitzer, 7:30pm
Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving at SCIAC Championships, All Day, Long Beach
Women's Golf at Pala Mesa
Faculty Phone Numbers and Emails
CMC Alumni Association and Alumni database for students
It's Tuesday. Starting to think that ten boxes of Thin Mints might not have been enough.
take our short survey
Promote your event