Tuesday, January 25 - Good Morning Cmc
View this email in your browser
Share on Facebook
Events on campus
- Princeton Review Information Table, 11am-1pm, Collins (CMC)
- Anonymous HIV Testing, 5-7pm, HEO, to schedule an appointment call 909-607-3602
- "Build Your Resume From Scratch", 12:15pm, Aviation Room (HMC)
- Boston Consulting Group Information Session, 7pm, Founders Room (CMC)
- Ralph Cornell Society (a group that helps design/plant landscaping on campus), Brackett Observatory site walk, 4:15, planning for upcoming planting on the 29th.
- Auditions for one-act plays continue in Seaver Theater from 6-10pm.
- Musician's Coalition Meeting, Walker Lounge (Pomona), 8pm
- Help Count the Homeless, register at , or contact Maria Albanese for more info
- New exhibits at the Pomona Museum of Art: "China: Insights," featuring documentary photography from seven photographers. Also, "Stealing Fire: Prometheus," explaining the history behind the giant mural in Frary Dining Hall. Open from noon to 5pm.
- Applied Math candidate talk, Roberts 15 (CMC), 11am
- Gordon Lafer, labor scholar and Senior Policy Advisor on Labor for the US House of Representatives, "Democracy in the Workplace: Fixing Labor Laws in the 21st Century," 8pm, Rose Hills Theater (Pomona)
- Helena Fialova, Czech Technical University, "Who Will Pay the Recession Cost in the Czech Republic? The Cost-Benefit Principle Can Hardly Be Applied." 12-1pm, Oldenborg (Pomona)
- Patrick James, USC, "Democracy, Territory, and Armed Conflict," Albrecht Auditorium (CGU), 11:45-1pm
- David Hanneke, UC Boulder, "Measuring the Electron Magnetic Moment," 4:15pm, Galileo-Edwards (HMC)
- Mary Barr, ACLS, "Suburban Soul: The Social Construction of Integration in Evanston, Illinois," 4:15pm, Hahn 108 (Pomona)
Dinner: Peter Lee Johnson, sophomore at USC, violinist. Johnson specializes in violin covers of popular songs, like Tupac's Changes and Taio Cruz's Dynamite.
Ath opens at 5:30; dinner is at 6, and the program begins at 6:45.
Place reservations here, or check out the full list of speakers for the spring 2011 semester.
The world today
"Henry Kravis asked a question. I can't remember what it was now because all I kept thinking was "you were the barbarian at the gate and now I'm the barbarian."
Frank Gehry: "Ninety eight percent of the buildings we live in and around aren't architecture"
"You could make a lot of money persuading an ex-cellmate to move near a nice, four bedroom home in rural Virginia, and then to move away after you've bought the home."
"Amy Chua is a Wimp"
The 12 hottest stories around the world right now
News from around the Claremonts (requires RSS)
Windy, high 76, low 44 with a 89% chance that you're less popular than your friends
check out the 5-day forecast
Hub Grill: 11AM - 3PM, 7PM - 10:30PM
The Coop (Pomona): 9AM - Midnight
Jay's Place (Mudd Hole): 7PM - 1AM
The Grove House (Pitzer): 9AM - 4PM, 7PM - 11PM
Motley (Scripps): 8AM - Midnight
Dining Hall Hours
Dining Hall Menus
Hoch-Shanahan (Harvey Mudd)
Pitzer (menu unavailable)
Mini Bagel Bar with Cream Cheese
Faculty Phone Numbers and Emails
CMC Alumni Association and Alumni database for students
It's Tuesday. Why are your friends so annoying?
Take our short survey