Wednesday, January 26 - Good Morning Cmc
Share on Facebook
Two quick notes: If you'd like to make sure your event is featured on Good Morning CMC, you can visit goodmorningcmc.inburke.com and click on "Add Your Event" at the top.
Second, you are my best promoters. If you could tell two people today about how much you like reading Good Morning CMC, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Kevin
Events on campus
- No new deliveries to the mailroom today due to construction at Pomona. You can still pick up packages.
- Deadline for 5v5 Intramural Basketball and Floor Hockey signups, contact Claremont's finest rapper/hair stylist/renaissance man Kevin Macpherson if you have questions
- Open Auditions for Claremont Ballroom Dance Company, 10pm, Edmunds Ballroom (Pomona)
- Q&A Session with Van Jones, 3pm, Rose Hills Theater (Pomona)
- "Interviewing Strategies to Get the Job," 4:15pm, Mead Living Room (Pitzer)
- DaVita (dialysis provider) information session, 6pm, Founders Room (CMC). DaVita is featured in Bob Sutton and Jeffrey Pfeffer's book "Hard Facts" as an example of a brilliant turnaround company.
- Make the Most of Your Summer Research & Internships, 12:15pm, Aviation Room (HMC)
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship Information Session (up to $27k), Smith Campus Center 208, 4:30
- Learning In Collaboration (LINC), tutoring group, information session, 7pm, Draper Center (SCC 208, Pomona)
- Breakthrough Summer Teaching Internship Information Session, 9-10pm, Scripps Student Union, more info here
- "The Sanctuary of Silence: Exploring Meditation," every Wednesday night at the McAlister Center, 8-9pm
- Reception for "The Artist Book as an Agent of Social Change," an exhibit at the Williamson Gallery, 4:30pm
- Helena Fialova, Czech Technical University, "Does the Roma Minority Have Any Chance For a Better Future in the Czech Republic?" 12pm, Hampton Room (above Malott, Scripps)
- Sherine Hafez, UC Riverside, "Mapping Women's Islamic Activism in Egypt," 4:15pm, Pearsons 101 (Pomona)
- Van Jones, President Obama's former advisor on green jobs, "Beyond Green Jobs," 7pm, Edmunds Ballroom (Pomona)
- Joseph McElroy, novelist, reading selections from his books, and will be introduced by Jonathan Lethem. 4:15pm, Thompson Reading Room (Pomona)
- Sonali Kolhatkar, Pardis Mahdavi, and Toc Dunlop, "Rethinking the War on Terror: Gender, the Law, Immigration, State Terror, Economics," 4-6pm, Founders Room (Honnold Library)
- Cary Nelson, University of Illinois, "The Future of Higher Education: Gender, Geography, and the Humanities," 5:30pm, Boone Recital Hall (Scripps)
Dinner: Madeline Levine, author and child psychologist. Levine will tell you that teenagers from affluent families are having high rates of emotional problems. She promises evidence-based solutions. She will be speaking about "The Future of American Education."
Ath opens at 5:30; dinner is at 6, and the program begins at 6:45.
Place reservations here, or check out the full list of speakers for the spring 2011 semester.
The world today
Summary of Obama's State of the Union speech from last night
Pitzer Aims for Platinum with $31 Million Construction
Pomona Moves to Ditch Flex Dollars
Bill Gates Coming to Harvey Mudd on March 10
The Most Emailed New York Times Article Ever
The 12 hottest stories around the world right now
News from around the Claremonts (requires RSS)
Windy, high 77, low 42 with a 95% chance that it's all flooding back to you now
check out the 5-day forecast
Hub Grill: 11AM - 3PM, 7PM - 10:30PM
The Coop (Pomona): 9AM - Midnight
Jay's Place (Mudd Hole): 7PM - 1AM
The Grove House (Pitzer): 9AM - 4PM, 7PM - 11PM
Motley (Scripps): 8AM - Midnight
Dining Hall Hours
Dining Hall Menus
Hoch-Shanahan (Harvey Mudd)
Pitzer (menu unavailable)
Men's Basketball at La Verne, 7:30pm
Faculty Phone Numbers and Emails
CMC Alumni Association and Alumni database for students
It's Wednesday. Sometimes, when I think of what that girl means to me, it's all I can do to keep from telling her.
take our short survey
Promote your event